Not happening...

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately the reminder is not working for me. 

I'm using 2003, with the HTML format and Word as the editor and I always have a file or two as part of my signature.  Any ideas?

Thank you!!
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 6:52 PM
Hello SoDoWarts,

Can you be more specific about the issue (may be with examples or screenshots). I have some remarks

1) This AddIn is not tested on 2003, but most likely it should work
2) When you say reminder is not working, do you mean even when you mention word/list of words as per the Oar wordlist.txt, you never get a prompt? Or is it that everytime you get a prompt irrespective of the number of attachments already added.

Please note that there is a known issue where if you forward an email with attachment, it will still prompt for adding an attachment.
http://oar.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=531

Not sure if you are facing the same problem as above.

Please let me know in more detail so that I can help in fix the problem you are referring to.

Regards,
gouravdas
Mar 18, 2009 at 4:32 AM
Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm just getting any prompt whatsoever.  I've installed and uninstalled a couple of times.  Made the attachement change becaues I do use an attachment in my signatures -- but the prompt was still not coming up even when I did a simple no attachment email.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2009 at 9:35 AM
Sorry about my tiny brain, but I am really confused here. Your first statement says that you always get a prompt. But the subsequent statements mean that the Prompt never comes. Again the last line..."but the prompt..." means you do not see the prompt when you send a "no attachment email".

So I am confused hee as to what the issue is. Is the problem not getting the prompt or always getting the prompt? Could you do a simple test?

Test  1 (assuming you never see a prompt)
=====
Open  a new mail. Delete your signature, so that the body of the email is empty. Then just type the word attach . Then try to send that email and see if you see a prompt.

Test 2(assuming you never see a prompt)
=====
Open a new "New Mail with attachment" from OARAddin menu. Remove the signature so that body of the email is empty. Just type the word attach and try to send the email. Let me know if you see the prompt.

Test 3(assuming you never see a prompt)
=====
Open a new mail. Remove the signature so that the body of the mail is empty. Keep the email empty and try sending the email and let me know if you see a prompt.

I will wait for your reply.