Something wrong

May 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM

New computer - win7 64 bit - Outlook 2007 with all updates. Installed saved OutlookAddin_Beta0992_AttachWarn.zip and it went in BUT whenever I opened Oulook I got a error message (Can't remember it for sure now) about not letting attach work - have to click OK to get rid of. Across file bar OAR Addin showed with the drop down selections. Found yoru site and new version.

Uninstalled old version. Outlook now opens without error BUT OAR Addin itme still shows - nothing under it though - no action at all.

Installed - I thought - OutlookAddin_Beta0992.zip. I gives me the agreement page then installs Net. Nothing else - no OAR anywhere except for the left over toolbar useless item. No OAR files in My Documents. Cannot find any OAR anywhere - in Programs or Programs(x86) or uninstaller or search on Drive C. Tried twice.

If nothing else I sure would like the useless toolbar item gone and ideally would like to install the program. I used if for about 3 years I think with no problems. Shucks to these new computers<grin>

Robert

Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Hello Rob,

Sorry about the inconvinience. Its happenning most likely because of the UAC in W7. I am working on a new setup for the next version. I am also working to handle the UAC in Vista and onwards. In the meanwhile you can try the following...

Step1
====
1) Ensure that you have tried uninstalling from Add/Remove Programs. Try restarting and see if its still visible.
2) Click on Tools menu, then Trust Center and Click on AddIns. Below click on Manage (for COM Addins). Uncheck the checkbox besides Outlook Attachment Reminder. Then Click on Remove.
3) Restart Outlook 2007 and see if the menu is still visible. If it is then go to Step2

Step 2
=====
Shut down Outlook
1) Open %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook from your Run command. The path might be something like the following..

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook
You would find 4 files. Delete four of them

Now go to
C:\Users\<user name>\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
and delete the file called extend.dat

Now restart the Outlook and the addin would have vanished

Is it possible to disable UAC in your windows 7, restart the machine and then try installing?

Regards,
Gourav Das

May 7, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Thanks for the fast response.

I had to turn off all UAC – restart -  to do step 1 and it still did not go away. Did step 2 and restarted and the toll bar Addin was gone.

Turned off UAC and restarted. Kept Outlook closed.  Doubled clicked setup.exe in OutlookAddin_Beta0992.zip and it set up the acceptance page – did some loading and apparently installed Net ( or so it said). BUT nothing in my Outlook – no toolbar item  - nothing.

So I guess I will have to wait until some fixing is done. Anyway you could let me know? I also would be happy to do a Donate for a successful program.

Bob D'Arcy

website at http://rdarcy.net

(No trees were killed in the sending of this message,

but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.)

Sent: May-06-10 10:08 AM
To: rdarcy@dccnet.com
Subject: Re: Something wrong [OAR:211819]

Hello Rob,

Sorry about the inconvinience. Its happenning most likely because of the UAC in W7. I am working on a new setup for the next version. I am also working to handle the UAC in Vista and onwards. In the meanwhile you can try the following...

Step1
====
1) Ensure that you have tried uninstalling from Add/Remove Programs. Try restarting and see if its still visible.
2) Click on Tools menu, then Trust Center and Click on AddIns. Below click on Manage (for COM Addins). Uncheck the checkbox besides Outlook Attachment Reminder. Then Click on Remove.
3) Restart Outlook 2007 and see if the menu is still visible. If it is then go to Step2

Step 2
=====
Shut down Outlook
1) Open %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook from your Run command. The path might be something like the following..

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook
You would find 4 files. Delete four of them

Now go to
C:\Users\<user name>\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
and delete the file called extend.dat

Now restart the Outlook and the addin would have vanished

Is it possible to disable UAC in your windows 7, restart the machine and then try installing?

Regards,
Gourav Das

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (OAR@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email OAR@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com